Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Food Geekery Exposed - Part One

I've been noticing for some time now how quality control for potato
chips have really come along. I cannot remember coming across a single young Green,
burnt Black, or over-flavored Neon chip in years.

I've seen the process on television. A close watchful computer eye tracks each individual chip racing along a conveyor. When one nonconformist is detected.. SHWOPP! A perfectly choreographed puff of air blows the chip sky high from an array of nozzles.

The thing though is that I actually enjoyed finding one of these in my bag time to time.

So my thought was this. All those rejected treasures blown away must be collected somewhere. Why not bag it and sell it?? It's a win-win situation if you ask moi.



A fan of Kettle Brand Chips I altered this image from their website and actually emailed it to headquarters along with my passionate explanation. Twice. I haven't heard from them yet.

Pringles is another issue. The Green, Black and Neon Flavors will have to be created and inserted randomly in the stack of processed flawless chips.



This will be fun but with expense.

2 comments:

L'aura said...

That's just awesome. And it got me to thinking, I haven't seen a green chip in a long time either. I have seen some pretty badly scalded ones especially in kettle cooked varieties.

Dennis said...

What I saw was probably at a Frito-Lay factory. Yeah Kettle still keeps it real somewhat, haha. :)