Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How to Make Omurice (From Tampopo)

One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies, Tampopo.



I wish I knew the exact dimensions of that carbon steel frying pan the man is using. I hesitated getting one at Kappabashi the last time because the extreme nerd in me wanted the exact one. But I was already carrying a large steel wok and then some so I wasn't exactly looking forward to the train ride back either.

A few more Omuretsu and Omurice related videos on youtube I find interesting..

Heinz Japan - How To Fuwa-Fuwa Omuretsu

An Omurice Chef. He's a Machine!

A 6-Egg Plain Omelet at PEPE

Too many more to list.

Runny Fluffy Omelets are the Bomb. And so is YouTube.

2 comments:

globalimagination said...

I met the guy that actually cooked this in the movie tonight! He's the president of the Japan Kite Association, and owns Taimeiken (たいめいけん) restaurant in Nihonbashi, Tokyo. Awesome guy!

Dennis K. said...

Hi Globalimagination, that's so awesome! Really hope to visit Taimeiken one day and try their omurice. I love the designs of Japanese 'tako' kites. I found the site to the Japan Kite Association so will link it here for anyone curious. Cheers, and thanks for dropping by. :)