Thursday, January 22, 2009

Impromptu L.A. Run - Part One (heading home..) - Taco Loco

It was about 4:30PM by the time I had decided to head back to San Diego. I actually tried stopping by Laguna on the way up but the traffic into the beach at the time was horrendous. To the enticement of having a couple of delicious tacos at sunset and figuring the crowd may have subsided by now I gave it another try..



Two Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos ($3.80 ea.) and a Pacifico with lime. I might as well be in that other Mexican beer commercial.. :)



I always have the same tacos so I can't say much else about the menu except that they consist of a wide range of seafood and vegetarian offerings.



Fish always fresh and flavorful, what also makes it for me is the delicious salsa with large chunks of Avocado and fresh Cilantro. It's messy good.

Maybe just an excuse for not being a writer but some moments are hard to describe.. So I'll end with a small Taco Loco photo collage..





Just a few more..





Wish all my posts would be this easy.. :)



Taco Loco, 640 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651

You can read about Pink's Hot Dogs I had earlier the day here and the Japanese curry at Ducks Restaurant here.

4 comments:

Keizo said...

I eat tacos too! Hahaha. Those look good! I grew up in OC but I've never been here. My mom now lives close to Laguna so I'll have to check it out next time I visit her. Can you tell my supply of new ramen-ya's has sorely been depleted. ;) I think I need to move..haha.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Keizo, maybe your 31 days of visiting Foo Foo Tei did it for me. I can only picture you eating ramen! JK.. ;) Don't we just need to win the lottery so to travel around the world for ramen and tacos on a whim..? *sigh*

L'aura said...

Impromtu LA Run? I suppose this is what I get for having impromtu San Diego runs. At least I'm more discreet. Psf...

And 31 days of Foo Foo Tei, Keizo! Good Lord, man!

Dennis K. said...

Hi Laura.. Most my L.A. runs are covert because the idea usually hits me in bed and I'm out the door with a bedhead and unshaven. What's your excuse? haha! ;)