Monday, July 13, 2009

A Gyeran Jjim Part II - The 12 Second Movie Clip

Now twice the duration and I even take a wobbly spoonful! :) There is music playing in the background rather loudly so you may want to turn the volume down on your computer before clicking. The previous six-second clip here.



The Lolli-Lolli-Lollipop track cracks me up every time.. Anyway I've since had another small panchan dish tasting of a Gyeran Jjim lukewarm elsewhere and now appreciate Walmido's hot fluffy-bubbly presentation more so.
Researching I think the light fish stock flavor I detect may be from anchovy paste and not dried bonito as I first thought. Also came across recipes with salted shrimp as an ingredient and even a version with salted pollack roe that sounds very good to me. The version here though is a minimalist execution but something I really enjoy as a starter.

4 comments:

meemalee said...

Om nom nom - I love the spoon shot :)

Dennis K. said...

Hi meemalee, I tried to keep it tasteful avoiding shoving the spoon into the lens.. But it was tempting. :)

Sawyer said...

lol you scoop out the egg w/ such poise haha...my family all likes this too.

Dennis K. said...

Haha, thanks sawyer.. I'm starting to enjoy this and I may do more movies in the future but keeping it simple for now.