Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kuroshio Sea Tank @ Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium

Work has been particularly busy... But these days that's a really good thing and I'm grateful. Been thinking about my hometown lately as well (wasn't the soba I swear) and found this on One Floor Up yesterday. A bit creeped out by the coincidence but happy. Enjoy.



(From Jon Rawlinson on Vimeo.)

My guess is that the guy waving with the peace sign is the author.. :)
The Kuroshio Sea saltwater tank at the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium is the second largest in the world. I can't remember the year I visited here but it was a dark rainy day with some thunder even. But things didn't seem to matter much with these guys. Just another day under the sea. And I agree with the editor.. I can watch it for hours too.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Dennis, I really enjoyed that. It had me grinning and watching (huge, benevolent sharks :-) and listening (nice song) for the entire segment. Thank you! How did you ever find that clip??! Sherry

K and S said...

love that aquarium! what part of okinawa are you from? I have relatives in Haebaru.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Sherry! Funny it took a vimeo clip for me to remember that I've been there! I loved the manta rays too..

Hi K&S, I grew up around koza! If you PM me I can tell you more details. A visit back is so long overdue.. And now I'd be packing a digital camera! :)

bitesandbolts said...

That is an amazing aquarium! I hope I can visit it to see all of its glory in person one day. Thanks for the relaxing video.

Dennis K. said...

Hi BB! Man, I still can watch it over and over.. It got me all curious of the one in Atlanta (numero uno) and I still haven't actually gone inside Monterey Bay Aquarium come to think.