Friday, October 23, 2009

Fast Food Friday - A Fatburger @ Fatburger

With Egg!

Since Fatburger has always been there for me I thought it was time to show a little love (and hold off posting my first White Castle until next Friday).



A burger here starts with an unfrozen lean beef ball that is later squished down into a patty. (That's mine on the griddle!) :)



I was tempted to try the 1/2 lbs Kingburger since I never had but I stuck with the original plan and ordered the Fatburger (1/3 lbs) with everything, plus an egg.



I always dug their concept of having the relish being the sweet condiment in the burger (and not ketchup), and together with the mustard the acidity helps cut some of the grease.



Ok, I didn't really need the extra egg. The tamago will set you back 90-cents and I forgot to ask for it over easy and runny. If I'm going to consume these fried egg calories I might as well have it the way I like but oh well. This day the beef patty was a bit leaner than I remembered but still decently juicy and all in all a burger that I enjoy.



Although I didn't quite finish my meal and had to take some of my fries back with me, consuming a pound and a half of ground beef in the Triple Kingburger Challenge didn't seem so completely out of the question undoable.(!?)



Just don't ask me to fit into that tank top after.. ;)



Fatburger, 4516 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA

9 comments:

cabcooks said...

Look at the size of that burger! And why not have an easy over egg with runny yolk? Sounds delicious to me! :D I haven't had a Fatburger yet. The closest one is in Escondido. I'll have to remember to stop by there for lunch when I'm up there next time.

Can't wait to see your post on White Castle!

6p0111689463ef970c said...

The burger looks huge. I can't wait to see your post on White Castle too!

caninecologne said...

hi dennis
hey all right! i love relish in burgers! everyone thinks i'm wierd for liking it that way.

looking forward to your white castle post. no almost ghetto fight though, huh.

Dennis K. said...

Hi CAB, the one in PB seemed like it wasn't getting much love so I stepped in to represent. People who hang out there are way too fit! haha.

Hi Kirbie, that's their standard but they do have a smaller size (called baby fat). The onion rings are good here too!

Hi CC, funny there are burgers I prefer with ketchup and others with only a sprinkle of salt. Then there are those good with sweet relish! ;)

K and S said...

sounds so good!

Sawyer said...

I've only had it once before a couple years ago and it was at the pb location. been craving a good burger lately too...think i'll have to go to in n out this week =p

for korean restaurants i didn't have any personal favorites. i tried a few places but none of them really stuck out to me although i've read/heard a lot of good things about buga.

Dennis K. said...

Hi K&S! The only thing is it's a bit pricey and out of the way for me. But that's kinda of a good thing maybe.. ;)

Hi Sawyer, I can eat In-N-Out every day! Almost. Thanks for the tip, I've been meaning to try Buga for a while..

KirkK said...

Hi Dennis - We used to visit our local Fatbruger at least once a week when we lived in LA. I've gotten sick at both Fatburger locations.... PB and the now defunct Gaslamp location, so I've laid off. BTW, get the burger, "on the char"..... it has much better flavor.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Kirk, I noticed the nice char on my burger this day and having more of it sounds really great. I honestly miss the Johnny Rockets in Del Mar....