Friday, November 13, 2009

Fast Food Friday - A Burger Stop @ Burger Stop

One particular day a collection of events led me to a stop at the Shell Station directly off Avenida Pico, San Clemente at 8:59AM. A bit hungry and knowing my Dave's Mexican wouldn't be open until much later, I curiously walked ten paces over to see if Burger Stop was operating..



Initially it was closed but luck would have it that as I took this photograph while waiting for the tank to fill, the sign had switched to "Open."



It was too early for the soft serve machines to be awake (24 flavors including cheesecake!) so this meant I would be having a burger this morning. Just a plain one since it is breakfast after all, ha.



The beef patty to first kiss the hot griddle was juicy for its size and all the fixings (onions, tomatoes and lettuce) very fresh. The burger's house condiment was a thousand island style which I usually don't care too much for but I remember enjoying the version here.



All in all a very good experience that definitely made me want to revisit again for their Double, Bacon, Chili Cheese, or Ortega Chili Cheese. I look forward in stopping back again with a much bigger appetite. :)



Burger Stop, 524 E Avenida Pico, San Clemente, CA 92672

4 comments:

K and S said...

wish we had some burger places that open early in the morning here...that looks good!

cabcooks said...

I agree with K&S! The only breakfast burgers around us is Carl's Jr.

Dennis K. said...

Hi K&S, hi CAB, I totally know what you mean. I think most non-24hr burger places open at 10:30am at the earliest. My other option this day was a pastry at Starbucks..

caninecologne said...

hi dennis - burgers for breakfast sound fine to me! the breakfast of champions (besides little chocolate donuts of course)