Saturday, December 12, 2009

Guess.. That.. Breakfast!

Since my last guessing game of Japanese Curries was such a tremendous hit I'm ready to give another challenge (to my three San Diego readers?). :P

Breakfasts!!

I love dining at greasy spoon joints on my days off cause it reminds me of the times my dad and I would go out on the weekend mornings for breakfast. It was our time together where we'd share the paper, I the comic section and he.. the rest of the paper.. :) On this blog I've had fun sharing a few non-American breakfasts of other culture's but as for American Diners go I'm not very experimental with what I order. Over-easy eggs, hash browns and some kind of salty meat. If I'm feeling fancy a Benny of some kind once in a while but that's it. Anyhow while compiling these I really enjoyed looking at not only what was on the plates but the plate themselves.. color of the counters.. etc. Below are a few breakfasts I've had in SD. Can you guess where each are from?

I know I promised a prize last time but I lied.. You will gain the people's ovation and fame forever. So let's start. Allez cuisine!

A, B - C, D..


"D," the only other Creamed Beef on Toast I had in SD other than The Huddle in Mission Hills. Nice weathered counter aye? :)

E, F - G, H..


Getting a bit "International" here.. Kind of.. haha.

I, J - K, L-1..


"L-1" is a hint for photo "L" below.. Very pink in here! :)

L, M - N, O..


"O," one of the best breakfasts I've had. Too bad it's a bit out of the way for me..

P, Q - R, S..


I've been meaning to post on "P" forever but I know Kirk had since covered the place. Though you can say I've been meaning to post all of these.. :) "R," a giant Sausage & Egg Biscuit. The biscuits are baked fresh at the cafe..

T, U - V, W..


These a bit tougher.. Though the dishware of "U" gives it away to some.. :)

X..


"X" I am giving away.. It's Bristol Farms circa 2007. I think they now only serve breakfast burritos (which is why I've been visiting McD's).

and again Y.. for


Haha, how's that for consistency.. Hope you enjoyed these. I'm working on my year end 10 Photos Meme for 2009. It's been very tough again but waiting out until after my road trip to finalize.



Hope you're having a great weekend despite the rain and keeping warm! :)

5 comments:

cabcooks said...

I so suck at these. Hmm, wild guesses: grand slam from Dennys and something from IHOP...that's all I got.

K and S said...

dunno all of these but they sure look great!

Dennis K. said...

No worries CAB, but thanks for trying! :) "S" was at Denny's (you can see the D peeking out on the paper table mat. This locale was the one close to Golden City. Hmm, no IHOP in the list strange. I guess I'll eventually post all the answers one of these days. I wonder if blogger will let me type upside down!?

Dennis K. said...

Hi K&S, maybe I've watched too many episodes of Terebi Champion. I love that show! :)

K and S said...

loved the episode where they carved fruits and veggies.