Monday, April 26, 2010

Got My Bangers And Mash Fix..

A little warning that this is a photo centered post with even less useful info than usual (if that is at all possible..). But I always meant this blog to be a hybrid photo album/blogging type deal for me.



Anyhow, was going to try the new Lefty's in Mission Hills tonight for the first time but forgot they were closed on Mondays.. So we headed to Shakespeare Pub instead.



Ever since I mentioned SP's Bangers & Mash in my recent Fish & Chips post I've been strangely craving it - brown gravy, green peas and all..



My dining dude companion had a roast beef plate typically served at lunch. The thin cuts cooled down quickly with the brisk air out on the outside patio. My bangers on the other hand were insulated in tasty gravy.. :)



The three sausages in the B&M here are nothing fancy but has a flavor that I really enjoy. The grilled onions had an exceptionally nice char while the brown gravy and mashed potatoes were fresh tasting as usual.



I must check out the shop next door one of these days (which was closed by the time of the visit).
I confess the photo below I took while I was a bit tipsy.. (When is the new Tron movie out Btw..?)



The framed adult comic strips in the men's room.. haha. Not sure what the obsession with nudist camps are but a lot of the humor seems to take place there.



The kitchen with the beautiful fryer..



The bar..



The outdoor patio..



And that's it.



A pint, some starch, protein and gravy to end an otherwise uneventful Monday. Sounds great to me! ;)



Shakespeare Pub & Grill, 3701 India Street, San Diego, CA 92103

9 comments:

K and S said...

sounds great to me, have a nice week!

meemalee said...

I LOVE bangers and mash!

There's a chain here in the UK that's rather saucily named S & M Cafe :)

caninecologne said...

hi dennis
ha ha - "insulated in gravy", love that!

i also like that you took pix in the men's bathroom!

now you need to try a scotch egg!

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Not mushy peas? Those peas are entirely too round. :P

Dennis K. said...

Hi K&S, you too!

Hi meemalee, I'd strangely love to try a bangers and mash from a chain!

Thanks CC! I actually have had the scotch egg here.. Not that great but Princess Pub used to make them from scratch back in the day..

Hi WC! The peas were deceptively mushy, haha.. :)

caninecologne said...

hi dennis - i must have missed that post on the scotch egg. gosh, those sound so good! i'd eat that!!!

you can buy mushy peas in a can from north park produce. at least the one near me in chula vista. turns out a lot of ex-pat Brits go there for those products (mushy peas, pudding in a can, gravy, etc)

Dennis K. said...

Hi CC, the scotch egg at SP was less to be desired (had a prepackaged quality to it) but I love the concept so much.. hehe. Peas and gravy go so well together.... like peas and carrots!? ;)

Cathy Doe said...

Haven't had the bangers and mash here for years. Must go back. Soon. Thanks for a reminder.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Cathy! For some reason many of my meals at Shakespeare are scattered about as singles in random posts. I like the potato leek soup here too.. :)