Friday, August 13, 2010

Another Lunch @ KMB

And then there are the intangibles..



I admit on occasion enjoying a meal at the lanes. Each to his own..(?) haha. :)



Visiting a bowling alley for the specific reason to eat may sound strange to some. Especially when unlike this trendy spot in Brooklyn a reminder that KMB serves you your average bowling alley food. (Menu here.)



But often times the portion of the meal that tends to have the biggest effect on me isn't what's on the tray or plate but the location and activity surrounding. Call me sentimental, eccentric or just plain weird, I never been offended by it.



This time I was in the mood for a hot dog. With fries came up a little over five dollars.



The Tangibles: Dog given ample time to sizzle on the well seasoned griddle. Lotsa extra relish and onions (that I had asked for). A surprising highly butter-crisped bun.



The Intangibles: Another mid-Monday retiree tournament. :)



A gold watch and the privilege to bowl any day of the week you please.. I can't wait to turn sixty-five! ;)



Happy Friday everyone and hope you're all having some good memorable eats. :)



Kearny Mesa Bowl, 7585 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111

2 comments:

Mary said...

I haven't been to KMB in years. I do remember a couple of Halloween bowling there though, me dressed as a punk rocker and my friend in an oversize 80's wedding dress. That place is full of nostalgia for me. I don't remember the food very well, but I remember it being decent enough.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Mary! That's really cool. KMB is the only alley I've been since moving down here. The food isn't any worse or better than most bowling alley's. I just felt like writing about other components to having a meal that I enjoy. :) I never been but I bet I'd really like that jousting tournament dinner show, haha. Was that in vegas?