Saturday, October 9, 2010

I ♥ Philadelphia - Part 3 - Dinic's @ Reading Terminal Market

The final day in Philly checked out of the hotel in the morning then put in another few hours of work. Then on the way to the airport took a short detour towards downtown for my last chance of town watching.



Kirk was kind enough to share his recs during his last visit to Philly and a roast pork sandwich at Dinic's in Reading Terminal Market was on top of my list.



First off Reading Terminal Market was incredible! The bombardment of smelling everything as I entered was just amazing. Jealous that we don't really have anything comparable to it here in SD. A giant indoor market. It's like what every mall food court in the nation should be modeled after.. :P












So many places I wanted to try! Too bad I had another leftover cheesesteak from the night before for breakfast, haha. The long line at Dinic's you may see is for their to-go orders. For counter you basically just wait until a seat is available.




I sat next to a guy (not pictured) that looked so much like Bill Clinton, Haha. (But he had the better seat sitting next to a chick that looked just like Natalie Portman..!)

Dinic's Roast Pork Sandwich with Broccoli Rabe.. (Kirk suggested not forgetting that..)



YUMMO. The thin sliced roast pork was so tender and moist. You can see the drippings on the paper underneath. The pork had a light herb flavor but the broccoli rabe really added a lot to the sandwich. Nice slow sweated greens with little chunks of garlic.



So simple. So good.



And with a little horseradish and a few peppers..



The second half was better than the first.. ;)

Reading Terminal Market, 51 North 12th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107

Hope you're enjoying the series. Just one more! :) Part One and Two here.

6 comments:

KirkK said...

Man the photos of that sandwich makes my mouth water! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Dennis K. said...

Thanks again for the rec Kirk! Philadelphia is a beautiful city with great eats.

hawk krall said...

Nice photos! That roast pork is so good. I eat them all the time but this still makes me want to go tomorrow.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Hawk Krall!!! My schedule didn't let me explore much of the town but I'm pretty happy considering. Hopefully next time I'd get to try less touristy spots. And maybe even a slice of Pizzazz! ;)

Darlene said...

I wish I had the appetite to eat at Dinic's because that sandwich looks amazing. I think this post should be the starting point for an indoor market similiar to the Reading Terminal but here in San Diego.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Darlene, thanks for the compliment and sorry I missed replying!
Yeah, I always thought the indoor farmer's market off Imperial was cool but had potential to be much more.. As for Reading Terminal at least you got to experience the great vibe. I think that itself is worth the trip.. :)