Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Salabration: A Week Of Salads - Fruit Salad @ Frutilandia

Day two. Sharing an Ensalada de Frutas from Frutilandia off University I had over the weekend, one of the older Fruterias off the strip.

Fruit Salad - Small with everything ($3.55) and also a small Papaya Smoothie ($2.59).



'With everything' gives you the granola, raisins, cottage cheese and honey.



The fruits I remember were Strawberries, Honeydew, Cantaloupe, Apples, Watermelon, Mango, Papaya, Bananas...



SO GOOD. I look forward to the summer months as some of the fruits will be more in season and sweeter yet. But with the toppings, especially drizzle of golden honey, it's an assured delicious treat year round.



Any of the fruits can be smoothie-fied. Not artificially sweetened and extremely refreshing.




They're right next to Super Cocina so maybe a nice post visit to offset their hearty guisados. :) Frutilandia wall menu here.



Frutilandia, 3647 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92104

5 comments:

K and S said...

nice!

Mary said...

I love that place. You get so much for so little! The fruit waters are also really good. Strawberry is my favorite.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Kat, good stuff!

Hi Mary! I'll have to try the fruit waters next time, I was curious about them. That and the banana split... :)

Mary said...

I kind of want to try the eschamocha (I think I spelled that wrong) but I can't decide if it would be too sweet or not with the condensed milk. Hmmm! Fruit waters are definitely a must try!

Dennis K. said...

Hi Mary! I'm gonna probably have that next time as well. I was sort of fixed on having the fruit salad again for my post... :)