Saturday, June 4, 2011

Salabration: A Week Of Salads - Grilled Wild King Salmon Salad @ El Pescador Fish Market

La Jolla's El Pescador Fish Market is a smaller local seafood market that happens to have a grill set up. You can purchase fresh fish to take home or have some to eat grilled there as a sandwich, tacos, or like this day atop a simple salad. I guess you could take those home too, but anyway they usually have a few sashimi plates as well.

Day six, grilled Wild Alaskan King Salmon basted in lemon butter, um, salad. I think this was Copper River as was the Sockeye.



Once upon a time I liked salmon so much that I OD'd on it (I can say the same for Tonkotsu Ramen but anyway). I slowly grew to love it again as long as I have it in moderation (I can say the same for Tonkotsu Ramen but anyway). The salmon was expertly grilled, texture fluffy and fall apart flaky, extremely moist, flowing with juices and fatty oils (full of healthy Omega-3's!).

The salad mix is fairly simple with romaine, spinach, red cabbage, diced tomatoes and green onions. I think it's an extra dollar for the fresh Avocados which I also got but the salad ran in the $13 range. As for dressing probably prefer good old E.V.O.O. and balsamic than the rather generic vinaigrette they serve with, but better yet more of that lemon butter that was used for the fish would've been nice too. Mmm.



The Clam Chowder is very good here but I was in the mood for their Cioppino again. People expecting an authentic Cioppino may be disappointed but I enjoy it for it's own accessible slightly sweet, tomato based tasty fish stew merits.

My older original EPFM post here. Please feel free to skip its extremely sappy sentimental reflection type intro. Ah, was good times.

El Pescador Fish Market, 627 Pearl St, La Jolla, CA 92037

4 comments:

K and S said...

I think cioppino might be a bit more healthier than clam chowder :) salad looks awesome!

Dennis K. said...

Hi Kat! Their clam chowder is thinner and not gloppy like some. Very good. I close to rotated my plate 360 until I finally found an angle I was sort of ok with, haha. Some meals are definitely harder to shoot than others.

Carol said...

The salad looks delicious. I've had a couple of grilled fish sandwiches there and they were always so good.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Carol! The salmon was a good size piece. I'm sometimes embarrassed at how much I use the salt shaker here, haha. But the fish is definitely fresh.