Sunday, June 5, 2011

Salabration: A Week Of Salads - House Salad @ Lefty's And Louie Salad @ PLSF

I couldn't decide which to post for the final day so I'm putting up both. YAY.

First a super duper simple House Salad from Lefty's Chicago Pizzeria (which I've once posted about on their hot dog marathon post).



Shown is the Small at $2.75 which is still plenty for one. The large serves 2~3 people. An iceberg romaine mix with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives and my favorite razor thin slices of red onions. Dressing I chose again was the equally simple olive oil and vinegar.



Lefty's has other heftier salads on their menu but this is almost exactly what my dad would've eaten all day long, down to the dressing. I on the other hand need to spruce it up some with chili peppers and grated cheese.



I hope that's not weird..



And for those wondering, Yes.. I did have a hot dog with.

Lefty's Chicago Pizzeria (Mission Hills), 4030 Goldfinch, San Diego, CA 92103

Next a Crab and Shrimp Louie Salad I had at Point Loma Seafoods. The soft-shell crabs weren't exactly out of season but they weren't being served as meals anymore.



Remember to stop by the ATM because impeccably fresh seafood isn't cheap. Actually I think they take cards here, never mind. While the salad mix is nothing to write home about it's all about the crab and shrimp where they actually tasted milky with only a hint of sea breeze. The classic Louie dressing (not shown) was very tasty and helped in plowing through all the veggies which I did a pretty good job of.

Also had their Ceviche..



Mmm, Ceviche liqueur. My salivary glands are getting excited. A toast to A Week of Salads. I successfully doubled my blog's Salad entries by two-fold, haha. Kanpai Salute!



Definitely thinking of doing this again. Thanks everyone who took the time in commenting, some even giving suggestions.

My random posts on PLSF scattered about my blog here and here.

Point Loma Seafoods, 2805 Emerson Street San Diego, CA 92106

3 comments:

K and S said...

these two salads sound great! I love razor thin onions too!

caninecologne said...

hi dennis - i enjoyed reading your "salabration" posts! kudos for sticking to the theme all week! i wish i could be so consistent!

word ver:
frammil

Mark Frammil played Fruke Skywalker in Star Frwars.

I know, lame.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Kat! One cheap and one a lot more. But both good! :)

Hi CC! Thanks.. I have to admit I was getting a bit bored around Friday, haha. Was the first time using the timer option to post through the week and it was nice and stress free.