Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Beeru: 5 Points Brewing Company

I hope I don't fall asleep while typing on the keyboard tonight. A bit woosey from the last couple of days but stopped by 5 Points Brewing Company this evening for their $4 specials. ($7 Growler refills.)



Located in the Mission Brewery Plaza, that neat brick building complex right off the I-5 Southbound Washington exit (the older FedEx location). Only beers on tap are available and imaginably no kitchen to offer any food so best to imagine as a very casual beer tasting opportunity I'd think.



Pint of choice was the day's Islander I.P.A. Had a very clean fruity flavor note of grapefruit, much like a hefeweizen but without any bitter aftertaste. Super nice.



Again, "atmosphere" here is all relative. I personally found it fantastic, like walking into an older brick and copper semi-secret speakeasy. Accommodations are minimal. Pay for your drink (cards are actually accepted), and you go find yourself a cozy spot to have your beer and chill with friends.



Few pictures taken while trekking out to use the bathroom downstairs...





Really enjoyed the completely unpretentious vibe. Definitely will be back.



Street parking...



5 Point Brewing Company, 1765 Hancock, San Diego, CA 92110

5 comments:

caninecologne said...

Cool pix. I've always wondered about this place. Now, what is a growler?

Mary said...

I've always loved the look of the building but have never gone, either. Love your pictures, as always.

Dennis K. said...

Hi CC! Here's the wiki link to Growler. They were filling one up as we arrived. Looks like something you'd fill moonshine in haha.

Hi Mary! I know what you mean. I wish more 'strip malls' in SD were buit that way and nicer.

Laura said...

Nice post! Definitely dig reading about your visit here. I wish LA had more breweries to visit. The bonus is that San Diego is only 2 hours away!

Dennis K. said...

Hi Laura! I heard this brewery isn't the original that the complex had started out with. Glad they got one back! :) Yeah, I get annoyed by people from L.A. who think S.D. is far. Definitely there are certain hours of the day one should avoid but.