Saturday, August 13, 2011

My $3 Street Taco Dinner @ La Princesita Truck (Linda Vista)

Sharing a quick dinner from last week at the La Princesita Truck, these days seen over in the 96¢ & Up store parking lot off Linda Vista Rd.



This truck goes back to Clayfu days in 2007. I do miss his postings. Kirk had done a follow up not so long after and I've since spotted it about a year ago off the 5000 block of El Cajon Blvd (which has now been replaced by a smaller cart).



Would be that my order was mistakenly snatched by a drunk fellow in a plaid shirt but my meal was remade in record time along with a sincere apology (by the truck people, not the stupid drunkard).



Was pretty much the same as I remembered, overall a bit chewy but if you don't mind that you're rewarded with quite hefty tacos as for TJ-Style go. Filled to the brim with meats at maximum double layered mini-tortilla capacity.



The carne asada was on the bland side and the adobada seem to have fared better between the two this night. For me the selection of condiments here which include grilled onions somewhat make up for the otherwise rougher meats where just two at a $1.50 each made for a cheap, decent filling dinner.



Was back in the area a few nights later without luck. Operating hours vary.

La Princesita Taco Truck @ 96¢ & Up Store parking lot, 7011 Linda Vista Rd, San Diego, CA 92111

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ahhh, I've been to that truck a few times in my pre-blogging days. Have been meaning to seek it out but keep forgetting to. Jake lives near City Heights so I've been seeing quite a few pop-up taco stands that I'd like to try out sometime. Cheap dinners rock!

Dennis K. said...

Hi Mary, yes cheap dinners do rock! :) My metabolism has also been funky these days and I haven't been that hungry in the evenings which help somewhat.