Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Early Bird: A Breakfast Special @ Tobey's 19th Hole Cafe

Golfers are early birds. Tobey's Cafe (a.k.a. Tobey's 19th Hole) located on the Balboa Park Golf Course grounds is open from 6AM every day of the week. This was more like 7:36AM.



Next visit I'll actually take the time to read the menu but went immediately for their breakfast special. Two eggs any style, sausages, hash browns, toast for $6.50.



Over-easy eggs were done with yolks runny and firm whites. A feat I feel worth mentioning. Links were great as I usually prefer them to bacon. I asked for the hash browns crispy. Ask and you shall receive. I also had an awesome waitress the morning, super cool and on point.




Mornings have been a lot colder these days and makes it a bit tougher rejecting those cozy blankets.



But the thought of hot coffee poured from a bottomless pot and breakfast with a great view of downtown I have to say is pretty enticing, while those perfectly mowed greens are neat too.



Tobey's 19th Hole Cafe, (Balboa Park Golf Course) 2600 Golf Course Dr, San Diego, CA 92102

No comments: