Saturday, May 26, 2012

Yolkalicious: A Belated BLAET (@ Mr. Peabody's Burgers & Ale)

I shared here my burger lunch meal at Mr. Peabody's almost a year ago. I actually had dropped in again a few weeks later where I ended up having a BLAET. Written a near finished draft and then somehow completely forgotten all about it until now. So the visit is old and my meal pretty random, but since no image of oozing egg yolks should ever go to waste, deciding to finally post today.





Yolkalicious - definition - makes them boys go loco... I've noticed Yolkalicious.com is still up for grabs...(?) My interest in the word only lies shallowly as a new label tag though. From now on any of my drooling encounters pertaining to egg yolks shall deserve this convenient back reference shortcut. Yay.




Bacon Lettuce Avocado Tomato, with my hedonistic request for an over-easy Egg. I remember asking the super cool waitress to make sure to tell the cook I wanted it nice and runny just for added insurance. Yuuuuuuup.




Bacon was well rendered and crispy, avocado ripe, cool fresh lettuce and tomato between the same squishy griddle toasted sesame seeded buns. It was hard not to ask for the burger again, but this sandwich definitely wasn't too shabby. Wasn't much to complain about the onion rings either. Another successful lunch meal at Mr. Peabody's.




Mr. Peabody's Burgers & Ale, 6110 Friars Rd Ste 108, San Diego, CA 92108

6 comments:

K and S said...

"since no image of oozing egg yolks should ever go to waste", love this post, Dennis :)

KirkK said...

Nice burger Dennis. We used to live a block away, I've spent many an evening at Mr Peabody's.

caninecologne said...

Very nice Dennis, except for the runny egg! :)

Dennis K. said...

Thanks Kat! Glad you enjoyed it, it was in my draft for almost a year...

Thanks Kirk! They're not exactly out of the way for me, but they are a little tucked away in that corner.

Hi CC! Haha, I forgot runny eggs weren't your thing. More for me!? haha. ;)

CAB said...

I keep saying I'm going back to Peabody's but it's been a few years. That BLAET looks so good!

Dennis K. said...

Hi Carol! It was basic but great in that things just done well kinda way. Hope you're doing well!