Sunday, January 6, 2013

I ♥ Joshua Tree - Pie For The People












After the brunch at Ricochet, before heading back into the park we grabbed a few NY-style thin crust pizzas to-go at Pie For The People (right across the street). Service was very pleasant and quite of few toppings to choose, from that always tempting evenly orange standard cheese and of course your classic peperoni that is also hard to resist. But we got three that were less traditional, the best being a currently nameless (which I'm sure will change very soon) white sauce based with caramelized onions, roasted garlic, strawberries and balsamic reduction drizzle. By the time we reached Split Rock most of the slices were gone. Oishii!

Pie For The People, 61740 29 Palms Hwy # B, Joshua Tree, CA 92252

6 comments:

caninecologne said...

Strawberries? Sounds so good that pizza...

Loved the photos in your post, especially the panoramics.

Food Journalism. :)

Dennis K. said...

Hi CC, that pizza was great. The two others were ok but weren't my choices. Thanks for the compliments! The panoramics were taken with my friend's iPhone 4S. I need to upgrade mine. Got some good shots on the midway tour too. :)

KirkK said...

Hey Dennis - They're just like my favorite Chinese Restaurants....they got a 'B' grade! That stands for "Better" I think!

Cathy Doe said...

Balsamic and strawberries go together...then there's the cheese and bread factor...I need to try...in my brain, it is curiously wonderful. The photos are great.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Cathy! And the roasted garlic too, mm. The ricotta held everything together nice. Thanks again!

Dennis K. said...

Hi Kirk, I think I agree! haha. Happy New Year to you and the Missus!