Saturday, January 5, 2013

I ♥ Joshua Tree - Ricochet













Happy 2013! Starting the new year sharing a few good meals I've had at Joshua Tree this Winter break. Drove out for a weekend with my out-of-town visiting friend and while I've been to J-Tree once, I've only driven through and was more than fifteen-years ago at that. Did wish I had dressed a little warmer where there was even some light snowfall the second day.

I wanted to visit Ricochet the first night but found them closed as it was well past 5PM. So we capped the first day eating at Crossroads Cafe instead. I made sure to return to Ricochet after the morning hike to 49 Palms Oasis though. If we were actually camping, Ricochet would be the perfect place to stock up on some bottles of good wine, local jams, cheese and other gourmet "camping supplies." ;)

I had the Lasagna with Eggs done sunny-side up ($7.50) along with their Date Smoothie ($5.25). The hearty vegetarian lasagna was great, made with a chunky and tasty marinara sauce. Nice and satisfying. The smoothie is also vegan, made with dates, almond milk, chia seeds and bananas. Super good and while I enjoyed the more natural sweetness you can also have it made as a shake with ice cream.

The friend wasn't a big breakfast eater so we instead picked up some pizza to-go across the street at Pie for the People, then headed back into the park to venture a few more trails.

Current Ricochet menu here.

Ricochet, 61705 29 Palms Hwy, Joshua Tree, CA 92252

4 comments:

caninecologne said...

The date smoothie sounds interesting. Did the chia seeds make the smoothie gritty? Just curious.

Dennis K. said...

Hi CC, I actually coudn't taste the chia seeds much, was pretty consistently smooth. I think dates grow there locally which made the offering more interesting to me. They have a berry shake that I heard good things about too.

Cathy Doe said...

Happy New Year! All of the photos look so good. You started the year in a good way.

Dennis K. said...

Hi Cathy! It was a great visit and Winter break.