Sunday, February 24, 2013

Another Burger @ The Apple Pan - Los Angeles

Found myself back at The Apple Pan recently. Definitely one of my favorite places in L.A. to grab a hamburger, relax, and enjoy the equally great atmosphere. We were there relatively late (before our drive up to SF) so despite it being a Friday things were fairly mellow.



Since I hadn't tried the famous Hickoryburger yet that was what I got. With cheese.




The namesake hickory flavor is in the special sauce that gives the burger its somewhat subtle character. Overall it's surprisingly very saucy where you'd not get away with if it were say, ketchup, or any other strong flavored (like many bbq).  Quite excellent but I think of the two I still prefer the standard Steakburger version.




The fries were super good, nice and golden crispy. I saw some regulars ask for the hickory sauce to dip in with theirs which I'll have to copy and do next time. I'm also going to have one of their pies A la Mode whether I think I have room for it or not.




The Apple Pan, 10801 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles CA 90064

2 comments:

kaszeta said...

One of my favorite!

Dennis K. said...

Hi Kaszeta! Me too!