Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday International Cafe @ UCSD - Feb. 15: India

The third time really was the charm. After a couple frustrating lack of parking episodes, I almost missed again today due to a really bad sinus headache, I finally found myself at the Friday International Cafe event on UCSD campus (where I work not too far from).



As today was in honor of India, served up was Chicken Tikka Masala, rice, Chaat Salad and Suji Halwa dessert. All for five-bucks. The chicken was super tender and the sauce although mainly tomato based had a definite curry flavor. The dessert was like a sweet polenta with raisins, yum. The salad of chickpeas and fresh bell peppers was nice too.



I also ran into local uber Japanese blogger Mrs. Shinobii where I first learned of this weekly meal bargain on campus on her blog. (It was nice to meet you and your friend Shinobu-san!) Chatting up with a Mathematics visiting scholar from Belgium and few other smart people at our table was a bit intimidating at first, but it all turned out a nice relaxing afternoon.



Next week, South Africa!

2 comments:

caninecologne said...

Wow, you're fast!!!! What a cool idea to have a different cuisine every week. Can't wait to hear about your foray with South African food!

Dennis K. said...

Hi CC! I'll have to play each week by ear, but yes was definitely fun. :)