Friday, March 1, 2013

Eberle Winery, Dinner @ Philippe Original

Last portion of the weekend SF visit, after Cupertino was a nice scenic drive through Los Gatos. Then the much later State Route 46 (James Dean Memorial Highway) which has become a familiar sight for me in the last year with the few trips taken.




I'm not sure why I crave beef jerky on road trips. But I do. :)
Dropping by Eberle Winery in Paso Robles was a last minute decision. The small detour turned out a nice needed break.





Some casual wine tasting and ended up picking a few bottles for the ol' pantry of course. The cave tour was very informative and actually fun. Highly recommended.







Eberle Winery, 3810 California 46, Paso Robles, CA 93446

A final quick dinner stop in L.A. before the last stretch back to SD was at Philippe's.



My friend's full dinner French Dip below with a glass of wine. Reminds me of that scene from the movie Sideways, haha. My older first post on Phillipe's here.



I had a taste of the chili which was meaty with a small ladle of beans resting on the bottom. (You can order with or without beans.) My half eaten Lamb Dip with Swiss Cheese. Side of potato salad. And a glass of Zinfandel. I couldn't finish my Zin as this particular was too sweet for me. After one winery tour I'm already becoming a wine snob? Haha. No, I don't think so.



And as the place is very close proximity to L.A. Chinatown we had a visit of a dragon dance in the restaurant. My second this weekend.(!) Awesome, and everybody was snapping pictures.





Philippe The Original, 1001 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012

2 comments:

caninecologne said...

Wow, a dragon dance in a restaurant! So cool! I really enjoy your road trip posts Dennis!

Dennis K. said...

Thanks CC! Sorry for the late reply!